Thoughts

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Old Friend


I was just having my coffee when the telephone rang this early morning. It was someone who was asking for my brother. I wondered who it was because his friends don't usually call on this number. So I called my brother to come and talk to this man. He introduced himself as an old friend, and he just came from his nearby country for a visit..

My brother didn't recognize him. So he asked to come by to his work place to meet him.

And he did.

He brought with him a picture of himself and my brother. He was in his 20's and my brother was 9 years old! The picture was taken in an amusement park in Egypt 15 years ago!



Did you notice the age difference? My brother was just a kid and he could make friends with adults that easily and leave his prints in their lives! He had our phone number all of these years and now that he got the chance to come to Qatar, the first thing he did was calling us.

It's great to see how much effect a child can leave on an adult that he keeps in mind for so many years.

Back then he had to go under surgery urgently, my brother stayed with him during the operation and after it till he made sure that he was okay.. took him flowers and candies and made sure he didn't need anything at all.. He sure felt happy about it..

I remember when we were at the amusement park this guy and his friends let us play and hang out with them! We had so much fun.. He helped me ride on the "scary" rides in the park, and defended me when another kid was mocking me for being afraid of sliding the big slide.. He was like a hero to a little girl :)

I am amazed how I do remember all of these memories that did not come to me all of this time .. and though I was just a little girl, I can almost see those days..

It's also great to know that the friends you make and the people you meet- no matter how long of years that keep you apart- have you in their minds and never forget you.

His call, strangely, made my day :)

Posted by Faith :: 7:02 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------